Write us or call us for more information.
+32 489 861 575
12 km to the south-west of Tokmok there is a settlement of medieval Balasagun, the capital of the Karakhanid Kaganate. The Karakhanid Kaganate in the 10th-12th centuries is located. was the largest feudal state in Central Asia and Kazakhstan. The founders of his “Karakhan” (immigrants from the tribe read), living in the Tien Shan, in a short time in the second half of the tenth century. conquered a huge territory, within which the land from the r. Or in the east to the river. Amu-Darya in the west. One of the capitals of this state was the city of Balasagun, founded by the Karakhanids in the middle of the tenth century. in the eastern part of the Chui valley.
Under the Karakhanids, old cities develop in the territory of Kyrgyzstan and new cities and settlements emerge. The centers of large cities are improving, Muslim religious buildings are being erected in them. A number of such monumental structures were built in the city of Balasagun, as evidenced by the Burana tower, mausoleums and other buildings. In 1218, Balasagun surrendered to the vanguard Mongol invasion troops without a fight. values as before. Life in the city gradually fades away, its inhabitants leave, buildings are destroyed in the XV century. he finally ceased to exist.
In 1927-1928 the minaret is being repaired and preserved. The Buran Tower was built in the first half of the Xl century. Burana Settlement has a complex layout and consists of central ruins and a large area outside its borders. This territory constituted the main part of the city, where residential and household buildings of the townspeople were located, their land plots, numerous craft workshops, bazaars, etc. This territory was protected by a double ring of the fortress walls. So the length of the outer wall around the circumference reached 15 km, the area of the city was 25-30 sq. Km.
In 1970-1974 Restoration of the Burana tower. The destroyed places along the whole height of the tower were restored, a staircase was built on the south side to climb the minaret.
By the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic in 1976, the Republican Archaeological and Architectural Museum under the open sky was established on the basis of the Buraninsky Settlement. The central ruins of the site are 36 hectares. The ancient ramparts surrounding this territory have a quadrilateral shape in plan, the sides of which are oriented to the cardinal points. The dimensions of the quadrangle are 570×600 m. The preserved shaft height is 3–4 m., And the initial height is 8–10 m. On the eastern side of the central ruins there is a hill with dimensions of 100 × 100 m and a height of 10 m. that existed here before the tenth century, i.e. before the appearance of the city.
The Burana Tower, a minaret of the Xl century, is one of the first structures of this type in the territory of Central Asia. Minarets were built at mosques and served to call believers to prayer. It is assumed that the mosque near the Burana tower was located on its western side. The initial height of the Buraninsky minaret was 45 m. Like all minarets, its top was crowned with a dome-lantern, which had four doorways in the cardinal directions. Now the height of the tower is 24.6 m., The rest of it collapsed during a strong earthquake, which was about the XV century.
The Burana Tower is one of the main cultural heritage preserved in the territory of Central Asia.
An aura mysteriously attracts to itself, many legends hover around it.
It is a kind of bridge that opens the way to the era of ancient civilizations.